Simone Halpin is the co-founder and Director of Naomi’s House, a residential safe home for women who have suffered from commercial sexual exploitation. She also serves as the Director of Women’s Care at The Moody Church. There, Simone founded the Precious to Him Project, an extension of the Women’s Ministry, devoted to serving vulnerable and exploited women in Chicago and beyond. With a Master of Arts in Biblical Studies from Moody Theological Seminary, she teaches and trains women what it means to love and follow Jesus.
If you Have no idea what dream God has waiting for you, THIS IS THE EPISODE FOR YOU.
In our conversation, Simone shares how God broke her heart for the women and girls in her neighborhood and across her city who have been sexually exploited and trafficked. She shares the highs and lows of the four-year journey to seeing Naomi’s House come to fruition and what she has learned about God in the process. You will be drawn in by the humility with which Simon considers her response to the news of destruction and brokenness in her community and the gospel-encouragement she offers to all of us who are broken by sin and need the reminder to cling to the hope of Christ’s “ridiculous love.”
When I heard these things, I sat down and wept.
For some days I mourned and fasted and prayed before the God of heaven.
- Nehemiah 1:4 (NIV)
As for me, I will be vindicated and will see your face;
when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.
- Psalm 17:15 (NIV)
and the story of the unnamed woman who wept at Jesus' feet in Luke 7:36-50.
PARTNER WITH NAOMI’S HOUSE:
- Pray for the team supporting Naomi's House, that they would never lose hope that God is leading them and that He will shine a light in the darkness.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive specific prayer requests and regular updates about how God is at work through this ministry.
- If you're in the Chicago area, volunteer or start a church partnership.
- Search the Target Registry using First Name: "Naomi" Last Name: "House" and purchase a gift for Naomi’s House or donate through the Virtual Shower.
- Learn more about how your donation helps restore the dignity of women who are making a new start at naomishouse.org.
MORE ABOUT MOMENTUM:
You can subscribe to Momentum and leave a review on iTunes or Stitcher Radio.
You can follow Merritt on Twitter || Periscope || Instagram.
Momentum is produced by Jonathan R. Clauson.
Theme music by Reaktor Productions.
Amazon Affiliate Link disclaimer: Merritt Onsa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Affiliate Link Disclosure: Certain link to products on this site are affiliate links. When you click those links and make a purchase, I earn a commission that supports my podcast, blogging, and creative endeavors. Thanks for your support!